Asalaamu Alaikum Ladies,
INTERFAITH OUTREACH PREPARATION
This Friday is the last day to present for the Meet A Muslimah Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach event. If parts are not done then we might have to think about not participating. Cadettes have had since February to prepare and the event is in May. Here are the part distributions:
Welcome: Kalilah K. / Ruwaidah S. (They were the only girls who were present for the competition at the last troop meeting.)
Shahadah: Rayanah W. has one presentation. (This is group work. Other groups might have to help with this one.)
Salah: Yousra A. / Sanaa L.
Sawm: Ikram A. / Sumayah Y.
Zakat: Nasrin A. / Dahlia A.
Hajj: Siham N. / Zainab A. / Amirah M.
You are all to present for Sis Kori. Presentations must have leader approval. Friday we will also decide if this group will be participating in the program at all based on what is presented. We want to have a stellar performance so girls are going to have to give 110%.
Here is a list of badges Cadettes worked on this year:
- Night Owl: Done in meeting
- Babysitter: Girls had to take the Girl Scout babysitting class or other outside training. Bring in the receipt.
- Public Speaker: done in meeting
- New Cuisines: Girls chose to do this on their own or in small groups, but they also had to present.
- Entrepreneur : Did not finish; might finish in May
- Financial Literacy badge: Done at Chesapeake Children’s Museum
- aMaze Journey: None of the Cadettes who completed the book work turned in a proposal for a Take Action project.
The Cadette troop will need lots of parent participation next year. We’ll need a Money Manager, Cookie Mom, fall product sales person, Cook-out Camp certified adult, as well as those trained in archery, canoeing and first aid. If these positions are not filled the Cadette troop will possibly be regulated to a couple of meetings at most.