The next regularly scheduled troop meeting is today Friday, October 26, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
In today’s troop meeting we’ll have a troop-wide bridging ceremony.
Bridging Girl Scouts: get prepared to share last year’s amazing, fun and challenging experiences as well as what you are looking forward to by writing two letters: one letter to a younger girl and a second letter to an older girl. In the first letter you should write 2-3 things you enjoyed about being a girl scout in the previous year and in the second letter 2-3 things you are looking forward to in the year to come. Younger girls can write a short letter and draw a picture. All letters should be brought to the bridging program in a sealed envelope. Address the outside of the first envelope to the level you are leaving and the second envelope to the level into which you are bridging.
Girls bridging to Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes should wear their old vest and bring their new vest to change into at the bridging ceremony. Bridging Girl Scouts will receive the insignia pin for their new level, and bridging award inshaAllah. Girls who are unable to attend the bridging, should inform their troop leader and they will receive their pins and etc. at the following troop meeting inshaAllah.
- Brownies will be participating in the bridging ceremony and continuing work on their Fair Play badge.
- After the bridging ceremony Juniors will continue working on their Musician badge.
- Cadettes will continue working on the the final steps for their Public Speaking badge after the bridging ceremony. We will have a guest speaker: Raheemah Abdulaleem, Esq.
- Turn in health forms and pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. Dues pay for badges and pins and help supplement some activities.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.