As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Mar 29, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- InshaAllah, the Daisies will tour and ride the Capital Wheel at National Harbor on April 6 at 4PM. The Capital Wheel has designed a program geared specifically towards Girl Scouts who are interested in learning about the science and engineering that went into the construction as well as the daily operation of The Capital Wheel. This visit will include a private information session with the Capital Wheel Engineer/Group Leader, a ticket to ride the Capital Wheel, an activity worksheet and a participation patch for riding the Capital Wheel. Parents must stay with child and tagalongs are welcome. Feel free to have lunch with your family and friends on your own afterwards.
Download, complete, sign and turn in permission forms by this Friday, March 29, or email it to a Daisy troop leader by April 3. Cost: Daisies: $5; Tagalongs (3-11): $10; Children 12 & up and Parents: $12
- This Friday, Brownies can dress up for their Wonders of Water tea party as we continue exploring the Wonders of Water (WOW!) Journey.
- Juniors will continue to get ready for spring camping by beginning their Camper badge.
- Girls and their parents should start reviewing and gathering items on the camping supplies checklist.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Girls will have the opportunity to learn First Aid and CPR on April 29. The cost is $45. The location is just 5 minutes from PGMA in New Carrollton. Both troop leaders and parents are welcome.
- Girls who plan on attending the HU HijabFest on March 30, 2019 must bring $25 for their ticket this Friday.
- Permission forms are due this Friday for the Self-Defense Workshop with Kamilah Khabir.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/Girl Scout; $40/Daisy) for your Girl Scout.