As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Dec 21, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Girl Scout Cookie Season has begun! The initial order phase ends January 12, 2019. Learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Program here.
- Sis. Asma H. is the Troop Cookie Manager for Brownies, Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors. Parents of Girl Scouts who want to participate in the Girl Scout Cookie Program should meet her in the green musullah at 6:15PM to complete paperwork and receive materials.
- Sis. Nneka is the Troop Cookie Manager for Juniors. Parents should connect with her in the hallway near the Junior room at 7:45PM to complete paperwork and receive materials.
- Parent volunteers are crucial to a successful troop Cookie Program. We need parents to volunteer to pick up the cookies (a one-time commitment during the first two weeks of February 2019) and chaperone cookie booths (aim to volunteer at least one time for one – two hours per cookie booth from February 15 – March 17, 2019). Step up and help our Girl Scouts achieve their goals!
- Brownies will learn about pottery and work with skulpey clay to earn the Potter badge.
- Brownies need to turn in budgets to receive the Money Manager badge.
- Juniors will begin their Cookie CEO badge to help prepare them for an amazing and fun Girl Scout Cookie Season.
- Juniors who participated in the Agent of Change journey will finalize their Take Action project.
- Parents: There are still several girls whose parents have not turned in their health forms. Please turn in forms immediately.
- Cadettes will be continuing and trying to complete the requirements for the Screenwriter badge where they will put all their viewing experience to good use – they will use this inspiration as they try their hand at writing for the big (or small) screen. Please remember to bring paper and pens to the meeting. All Cadettes will be working on their 12 page script during the meeting.
- Cadettes will be working on the Woodworking badge at the first meeting of the new year. Tonya Williams from Bridging Leaders will come to our meeting with all of the equipment and materials needed to complete the badge. The cost of this badge is $15 per girl. If you have not already paid please email Sis. Rahmah (rahmah 8 2 5 @ gmail.com) as soon as possible. Money will not be collected at Friday’s troop meeting.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- The Seniors and Ambassadors will be having a cultural exchange and potluck this Friday, inshaAllah. Each girl is to do some research about her ancestry and prepare a dish to share what her family enjoys. Each girl must contribute! Your contribution is your ticket to the meeting! If you need help, please contact Sis. Asma before the troop meeting.
- Disney World Trip: In order for girls to raise money for their Disney World Trip and other activities, they must participate in cookie sales.
- Gold Award Workshop: The Girl Scouts Council Gold Award Committee is joining with our troop to have a Gold Award Seminar! InshaAllah, look out for future announcements about the actual date and time.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/Girl Scout; $40/Daisy) for your Girl Scout.