As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, March 24, 2017, 6:15 – 7:45PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:45PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Daisies will work on earning the Vi petal, “Be a sister to every Girl Scout”. In the spirit of celebrating multicultural awareness we wanted to start right in our very own troop. Many girls have a mix of cultures that they are exposed to at home and/or through their extended families. We are encouraging the girls to share a phrase in another language if they know one, to dress in clothing that represents that culture, and to bring in a light dish reflecting the tastes of that country.
- The Brownies will have a guest speaker discussing philanthropy and will be completing their Philanthropist badge.
- The Wonders of Water Action Project blanket throws will be available for purchase.
- Juniors will finalize and present the results for their Get Moving! Take Action project.
- Vendor Selection team: work with Sis. Amina (PGMA Facility Director) to find a company that will pick up recycling from PGMA and how much the company will charge. (Asima, Aya)
- Bin Selection team: find and price at least three types of recycling bins to place inside PGMA. (Amina, Nusaibah, Raqeebah)
- Site Selection team: use a building floor plan of PGMA to determine the number of bins required and the best locations to place the recycling bins. (Badriya, Fatima, Hannan, Hidaya, Indya. Maryam G., Maryam M., Safiyyah, Sajayah, Zina)
- Outreach & Education team: create drafts of posters to publicize PGMA’s new recycling program. (Aya, Deena, Farah, Fatima, Hannan, Laila, Maryam M., Shahed, Sajayah, Suundus, Tasneem)
- If there is enough time Juniors will continue working on their Simple Meals badge.
- The Cadettes’ Girl Scout Cookie goal is to sell a minimum of 1,500 boxes (75 boxes per Cadette). We are in the home stretch! Cookie sales end March 26.
- Cadettes are going lodge camping together inshAllah! Lodge camping is a way for girls to experience camping without being exposed to the elements overnight. Girls will work on badges and participate in team building activities. We will be focusing on activities designed to build leadership and communication skills among the girls. All Cadettes going camping must turn in permission forms and payment this Friday for the Spring Lodge Camping & Outdoor Team Building, Mar 31 – Apr 2. Final deadline!
Cadettes who are not going camping should be prepared to work on the Animal Helper badge unless they have discussed with Sister Rahmah or Sister Aaliyah an alternative badge to work on.
- Turn in permission form and payment for the Cadette Archery & Outdoor Art Apprentice Workshop, Apr 29
- Turn in permission form and payment for Spring Lodge Camping & Outdoor Team Building for Cadettes, Seniors & Ambassadors, Mar 31 – Apr 2
- The Girl Scout Year will be coming to an end soon. Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and other troop expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.)