As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, March 10, 2017, 6:15 – 7:45PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:45PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will be working on their WOW Action Project and beginning the Philanthropist badge.
- Please bring permission form and $14 payment for the Home Scientist and Inventor badges workshop on March 18, at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum.
- Eight (8) tickets for the Darnell Chance museum patch activities have been reserved. The $20 payment is due at this Friday’s troop meeting to hold your space.
- Juniors will review the work of each team for their Get Moving! Take Action project.
- Vendor Selection team: work with Sis. Amina (PGMA Facility Director) to find a company that will pick up recycling from PGMA and how much the company will charge. (Asima, Aya)
- Bin Selection team: find and price at least three types of recycling bins to place inside PGMA. (Amina, Nusaibah, Raqeebah)
- Site Selection team: use a building floor plan of PGMA to determine the number of bins required and the best locations to place the recycling bins. (Badriya, Fatima, Hannan, Hidaya, Indya. Maryam G., Maryam M., Safiyyah, Sajayah, Zina)
- Outreach & Education team: create drafts of posters to publicize PGMA’s new recycling program. (Aya, Deena, Farah, Fatima, Hannan, Laila, Maryam M., Shahed, Sajayah, Suundus, Tasneem)
- Turn in permission form and payment for the Cadette Archery & Outdoor Art Apprentice Workshop, Apr 29
- Turn in permission form and payment for Spring Lodge Camping & Outdoor Team Building for Cadettes, Seniors & Ambassadors, Mar 31 – Apr 2
- The Girl Scout Year will be coming to an end soon. Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and other troop expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.)