As salaamu alaikum,
The next (and final) regularly scheduled troop meeting of 2015-2016 will be this Friday, May 20, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will have an ice cream social. Girls should dress up and bring something to share: good news, a poem, a good book, or a talent. Girls will also be playing games and singing songs. The Brownies have had a blast this year and we will have lots of fun during the last troop meeting inshaAllah.
- Will be planning and running their entire troop meeting. The troop leaders can’t wait to see how this goes!
- Cadettes will present their Eating for Beauty and Science of Happiness badges.
- Girls working on the Breathe Journey Take Action project will check in.
- Girls will receive their Cookie Sale Activity pins, cookie season participation patches and pins for the year.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- While neither the Senior nor Ambassador troop leaders will be at the troop meeting this Friday, Seniors and Ambassadors are encouraged and welcome to come up with a fun way to end the Girl Scout year inshaAllah. Be amazing!
- Bring $2 to purchase a fun patch for the from the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach.
- Girl Scout Early Bird Registration: Back to Troop for the 2016-2017 Girl Scout year will be Friday, August 26, 2016 inshaAllah, with troop meetings every other Friday as usual. After the initial August 26 troop meeting, the next couple troop meeting dates will be September 9 and September 23, inshaAllah. If your girl plans to return to Girl Scouts, parents must pay her $15 registration fee this Friday inshaAllah. There will be no exceptions.
- Save the Date: The Service Unit Encampment will be Saturday, October 8 – Sunday, October 9, 2016. Once registration opens, parents and girls need to register quickly because there will be limited spaces available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost will be $30 per girl/adult. There will be a Daisy program. Brownies and Juniors will be lodge camping while Cadettes will be tent camping.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Spots are still available. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.