Early Bird Registration for the 2014-2015 Girl Scout year is April 1 – June 1, 2014. Every girl who re-registers during the early bird period will receive a newly designed patch (above) for the 2014-2015 Girl Scout year. Girl Scouts currently registered with Troop 3480 should re-register by June 1, 2014 or risk losing their spot in the fall. Only parents or legal guardians are allowed to register their girls.
VOLUNTEER WITH TROOP 3480
Troop 3480 needs Daisy and Junior troop leaders, without which we will not be able to have the Daisy or Junior troop level in 2014-2015. We are seeking sisters who will get Girl Scout training for either the Daisy (Grades K-1) or Junior (Grades 4-5) levels, help girls have new experiences and earn awards, and attend Troop Leader meetings. See the following descriptions:
- Troop Leader/Advisor – schedules regular troop meetings; helps the girls to plan and participate in activities and trips; meets all program and safety guidelines; and serves as the communication link for the troop with parents, the service unit, and council.
- Assistant Leader/Advisor – attends regular troop meetings; helps the girls and the leader/advisor plan and participate in activities and trips; supports meeting all program and safety guidelines.
We also need the following volunteers:
- Troop Cookie Booth Coordinator – schedules with service unit a troop’s participation in selling cookies in front of local stores; recruits girls and adults to work booths; coordinates set-up & take-down of booth; should be familiar with the area surrounding PGMA; February – March commitment.
- Troop Cookie Manager – coordinates the sale of Girl Scout cookies by troop including selling, ordering, storage, delivery and payment; money-earning event for the troop; December – May commitment.
- Craft Leader – float betweens troop levels to assist with crafts and crafty things.
- Troop Trip Coordinator – coordinates trips for the entire troop or specific troop levels; includes searching for trip opportunies on the internet and through GS newsletters, blogs and social media; coordinates trips with troop leaders; prepares permission slips and writes blog posts for the troop blog with help from our troop blog manager.
All volunteers must be registered with the Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital (GSCNC) training site. Sisters or brothers who can make the time and share their talents in order to fill these positions should contact Sis. Alia at alia [dot] kemet [at] gmail [dot] com.