I hope your family is having a productive Ramadan and we look forward to you joining us at the second annual Ramadan Lock-In this Friday, July 26, as the Girl Scouts from Troop 3480 earn their Ramadan Patches!
SPECIAL NOTE FOR DAISY SCOUTS: IF YOUR DAUGHTER IS A DAISY SCOUT (KG, FIRST GRADE) A FEMALE PARENT/ GUARDIAN MUST SPEND THE NIGHT WITH THEM.
We are looking forward to a wonderful evening filled with learning and ibadah (worship)! Please come with that frame of mind.
All parents who are staying overnight will be required to support activities, offering assistance as needed. If you have NOT turned in your parent permission form, your child(ren) will not be able to attend this activity. Please read all of the general guidelines below so that your daughter(s) are prepared for this Friday. For additional questions or concerns, please contact Troop Manager Sr. Alia at alia [dot] kemet [at] gmail [dot] com or leave a comment on the blog and we will respond.
As always, we thank you for your participation and for helping PGMA and all of the troop leaders to provide the opportunity to build girls of faith, courage, confidence and character and who make the world a better place, inshaAllah.
GENERAL GUIDELINES & SUPPLIES
- Check-In: Friday, July 26, 2013. All girls should check-in with a troop leader at PGMA 7:45 PM. (Must have permission slip)
- Pick-Up: Saturday, July 27, 2013. Girls should be picked up from PGMA by 7:00 AM.
- Girls should pack lightly and label all items.
- sleeping bag / pillow
- prayer garments / hijabs / house shoes / flip-flops
- tooth-brush / tooth paste
- wash cloth
- Islamic education books, e.g. stories of the prophets, information about Muhammad (saws), Islamic games, Quran
Download, complete and turn in the Ramadan Lock-In permission form when you drop off your girl on Friday, 26 June 2013.
Additionally, we are looking for a few parents to help out with coordinating the Sahoor for the girls. Please email Alia or Kesha if you are able to help with this effort.