As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Mar 1, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will have a self-defense & martial arts workshop and introduction to the Wonders of Water (WOW) journey.
- This Saturday, March 2, at 9AM, Brownies will attend Girl Scout Day at the Newseum. Meet at the Newseum’s main entrance on Pennsylvania Avenue. Together as a group, we can experience the special scheduled events they have prepared for the day.
- A naturalist from Mount Rainier Nature Center will join the Junior troop meeting and help the girls earn their Animal Habitats badge inshaAllah.
- Parents: Please pay your Junior Girl Scout’s dues at this Friday’s troop meeting: $50.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Girls should bring their Gold Award information/ideas/concepts and continue the process of filling out the Gold Award Application.
- Also, those girls needing to complete Take Action projects should come with their ideas.
- On March 20, 2019, Seniors and Ambassadors will be hosting a Self-Defense Workshop at PGMA with Kamilah Khabir, an international martial arts competitor. ONLY 30 SLOTS ARE AVAILABLE, so while this event is open to all Girl Scouts (Daisy – Ambassador), Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors get priority attendance. The workshop duration is 2 – 5PM and cost $10. A light lunch will be provided. Permission forms will be available at this Friday’s troop meeting inshaAllah.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/Girl Scout; $40/Daisy) for your Girl Scout.