As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Feb 15, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Reminder: THIS FRIDAY Brownies will earn their First Aid badge at the Bowie Fire Station.
- Turn in permission forms for the Brownie trip to the Girl Scout Day at the Newseum.
- Brownies will begin the Wonders of Water journey in March inshaAllah. Parents can purchase the journey book online or at their local Girl Scout shop.
- Juniors will preparing to participate in the Service Unit World Thinking Day celebration on next Friday, February 22 inshaAllah. Girls should check out these videos to learn more about the country the troop will present: Costa Rica!
- Turn in permission forms and payments for the World Thinking Day celebration; $5 for Juniors whose dues are paid (or made a partial payment), otherwise $10.
- Parents: Please pay your Junior Girl Scout’s dues at this Friday’s troop meeting: $50.
- Cadettes will be planning for our proposed participation in World Thinking Day with the Service Unit next Friday, February 22. Please come with ideas of what country you would like the troop to present along with any ideas for activities and food related to the country you are proposing.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- World Thinking Day: InshaAllah, we will be choosing a country and preparing for the event.
- Badge work: The girls who have sewing machines should bring them. We will be learning how to use a measuring tape, thread a machine, and stitch. Make sure all parts are with the machine you bring.
- STEAM training: Anyone wanting to participate in the summer STEAM program needs to send applications to Nuri Kemet.
- Gold Award: For those girls interested in going for their Gold Award, please bring your proposal idea so you can begin the process of applying.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/Girl Scout; $40/Daisy) for your Girl Scout.