As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, December 30, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
It’s cookie season! Girls love the Girl Scout Cookie sale and look forward to it each year. It’s more than what is in the box… it’s also about developing important financial literacy skills all while having a great time with friends. This Friday, parents will sign their daughters up to sell cookies with their troop Cookie Mom:
- Daisies & Brownies: Aisha W.
- Juniors: Zakiya Z.
- Cadettes: Alia K.
- Seniors & Ambassadors: Bushra M.
- The Brownies will have a guest speaker for the Wonders of Water Journey. Sis. Safiyah Abdullah is a poet and activist who stood with the Native Americans Indians (The Protectors of Water) for several days at Standing Rock, North Dakota. She will discuss the importance of saving and protecting water.
- There will be a WOW Journey & Potter badge field trip Saturday, January 7, 2017, to the National Museum of the American Indian from 10AM to 1PM. Parents: please get, complete and return permission form to/from the sisters at the table in the front hallway.
- Brownie parents should see Sister Aisha, Brownie Cookie Mom, at the table near the Daisies’ room to get order forms for your daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies.
- Juniors will start working on their Detective badge and begin brainstorming for the Get Moving! Journey take action project.
- Cadettes will be hosting a “new cuisine” party to complete the final step of their New Cuisines badge.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and other troop expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) For financial assistance contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.
- Financial assistance is also available for uniform items, Girl Guides and journey books. Contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.