The Girl Scout Cookie program isn’t just a fundraiser. It’s a hands-on leadership training and financial literacy program where girls acquire knowledge and skills that will serve them for a lifetime. These real-life experiences help girls build a strong foundation for success.
Check out LittleBrownieBakers.com where girls, families and adult volunteers can find everything they want to know about Girl Scout Cookies: guides, apps, videos, printables, guided cookie tours, and tons of other ideas to help girls achieve their goals and have a great cookie season.
Cookies sell for $4 per box in the Nation’s Capital except for the gluten-free pilot cookie for 2015 — Toffee-tastic — which sells for $5. Money is collected upon delivery (except for Gift of Caring orders which can be paid for when ordered since no delivery is involved).
How the Cookie Crumbles
- $0.69 Troop Proceeds (average based on various incentive structures)
- $2.26 Supports Direct Service to Girls and Adults
- Financial assistance for girls
- Camp programs and property maintenance
- Council-wide programs
- Training for adult volunteers
- Marketing, technological, and web support
- Staff support for associations, service units, and troops
- $1.05 Cost of product, transportation, promotion, Service Unit proceeds, rewards, administrative costs and debt
5 SKILLS FOR GIRLS
In the Girl Scout Cookie Program, girls develop these five key skills:
- Goal Setting
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
These skills last far beyond Cookie Season. The Girl Scout Cookie Program also funds our girl’s program activities, it helps support our council and its special programs and facilities that benefit other area girls. All proceeds stay in our local community. Best of all, girls look forward to Cookie Season each year. They enjoy the fun activities, exciting opportunities and the chance to take charge! Learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Program.