As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, April 7, 2017, 6:15 – 7:45PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:45PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Girl Scout Cookie Season has ended. Parents should turn in final payments to each level’s Cookie Mom if they haven’t already done so.
- Turn in permission form and payment for 3 Cheers for Animals Journey-in-a-Day, Apr 29
- The Brownies will be getting inspired and having fun working on their Painting badge. They will explore multimedia techniques while creating paintings to brighten their homes and make others happy.
- The Wonders of Water Action Project blanket throws will be available for purchase.
- Juniors will complete their Simple Meals badge. Girls need to bring two things:
- Some type of bread. We’ll be discussing the use and different types of bread around the world. Let Sis. Kori know what type of bread your daughter will bring so that we can have as much variety as possible.
- Her chef skills. We’ll be having our own Junior Iron Chef Competition where girls will break into teams to see who can create the best salad.
- Cadettes will be completing their Animal Helpers badge or whichever badge has been approved by Sister Rahmah or Sister Aaliyah.
- Cadettes working on their Silver Award need to provide a written update on their progress.
- Cadettes working on guest speaker for May 5th need to provide a written update on their progress including the purpose of the event and the budget.
- Turn in permission form and payment for the Cadette Archery & Outdoor Art Apprentice Workshop, Apr 29
- The Girl Scout Year will be coming to an end soon. Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and other troop expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.)
- Parents should contact Snack Mom, Sis. Rolanda, during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings.