As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Mar 15, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will continue the WOW Journey and make terrariums.
- Brownies who will be participating in Spring Camping should bring permission form and $20 payment. Parents and girls should review and gather items on the camping supplies checklist. Each girl must bring her own individual items.
- Juniors will be completing their Animal Habitats badge inshaAllah. Girls should bring a clean empty 15.5 ounce can to create an insect habitat.
- Please bring permission form and $20 payment for Spring Camping. Start reviewing and gathering items on the camping supplies checklist.
- Juniors will also get ready for spring camping by beginning their Eco Camper badge inshaAllah.
- Cadettes will be completing their New Cuisines badge with our Culinary Tour (AKA Food Party!). Girls need to coordinate with their group members on which of the dishes from steps 1 through 4 they will be bringing to share with their fellow Cadettes. Remember: bring enough for everyone to share; plan on bring enough for 15 to 20 people. Cadettes who were not at the last troop meeting when the groups were formed, can do all of the steps by themselves or with other Cadettes who were also not present at the last troop meeting.
- Turn in permission form and $20 payment for Spring Camping. Start reviewing and gathering items on the camping supplies checklist.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- March 15: Seniors/Ambassadors will have the opportunity to view the movie The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind during their troop meeting this Friday InshaAllah. Snacks will be provided.
- April 20: Seniors Troop 2829 and Ambassador Troop 2056 will host a Self-Defense Workshop at PGMA with Kamilah Khabir, an international martial arts competitor. This event is open to all Girl Scouts. The workshop duration is 2 – 5PM and cost $10. Permission forms and payment are due March 20. A light lunch will be provided.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/Girl Scout; $40/Daisy) for your Girl Scout.