Since we lost a troop meeting in November due to our much needed FUNraiser today at Color Me Mine, we will be adding an additional troop meeting in December.
Please take a moment to note troop meeting dates for the rest of 2014 inshaAllah:
Cadettes, Juniors and Brownies have work due on the December 5 troop meeting:
- Cadettes will be turning in their personal expense tracking for two weeks.
- Juniors should use their Girl Guide or the Badge Explorer at GirlScouts.org to select five badges they would like to earn.
- Brownies should complete page 29 of WOW! Wonders of Water journey book. Copies were given to girls at the last troop meeting.
In advance of upcoming trips including the Cadette Sing Along on Nov. 22, and Brownie Badge Workshop at Chesapeake Children’s Museum on Dec. 13, take a moment to review troop trip guidelines:
- Health forms must be completed by parents and submitted before any girl (including Juliettes) can participate in troop sponsored trips.
- Leaders work very hard to get the information out. Please print out or save forms from the blog. The parental permission forms are refillable PDFs. We will no longer print them out. The forms can always be emailed to the leader in charge of an event.
- Permission forms must be turned in the day before events.
- Both permission forms and payment must be submitted for first-come first-served day trips or overnights. We will not hold spots.
- At this time, payments to the troop can only be accepted in the forms of checks, money orders or cash. GSCNC does not allow electronic payments (paypal, square up, etc.).
- Pre-paid trips — day trips, camping and travel outside of the Council — are non-refundable, with the exception of events cancelled by vendors or troop management.
- Please do not send sick children on a trip. If your girl has a cold, flu, lice, pink eye, or anything contagious, keep her home.
- Parents must be registered volunteers with GSCNC in order to chaperone overnight, camping and destination trips.
- Please mind all deadlines.
Permission forms to the Cadette Sing Along and Brownie Badge Workshops at CCM will be accepted at the FUNraiser this evening. Thank you for helping us stay within GSCNC guidelines so girls can stay safe while having fun.