As Salaam Alaikum Parents and Girls!
I’m excited to welcome you to the 2012-2013 PGMA Girl Scouting Year! InshaAllah, this year will be filled with a wealth of exciting opportunity for girls and our wonderful and committed parents as well.
MANDATORY PARENT INFORMATION MEETING THIS FRIDAY
Join us for a Girl Scout parent information meeting this Friday, September 14, from 6 -7:30 PM at PGMA in classroom #4. This meeting is mandatory for parents and we will be starting ON TIME at 6 PM. Parents / guardians who do not attend may not be allowed to register their daughter and your lack of attendance may also result in forfeiting your daughter’s spot.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE INFORMATION MEETING THIS FRIDAY?
- Discover What To Expect When You’re A Girl Scout Parent.
Parents will learn about Girl Scouting, what to expect during this year and what is expected of them. Here are a few ways you can become involved:
- Become a troop leader
- Become a troop parent volunteer
- Contribute a skill
- Become the snack parent
- Help with Girl Scouting administrative tasks
- Organize field trips
- Lead or help with Cookie Sales
- Much, much, more…
- Register Your Daughter(s) for Girl Scouts.
At this time we can only guarantee membership in Troop 3480 to the girls who participated in the summer session. All summer session Girl Scouts MUST re-register to continue. Daisies and Brownies who are new to troop 3480 will only be approved for membership based on availability. New girls who are Juniors and older will definitely be admitted. To expedite the process, please bring the printed registration form to the registration meeting this Friday. Download the registration form now: Girl_Scout_Membership.pdf.
- Learn About Financial Obligations For The Year.
If a girl scout already has vest, book, etc. for her level, please disregard fees associated
with those items. The following are a list of fees to expect per girl scout (NOT per family):
- $12 Registration (if you did NOT register for this summer)
- $45 Dues: $25 to be paid by September 21st / $20 to be paid by
January 1. Dues will be utilized for badges, patches, ceremonies,
activities, field trips, supplies, crafts etc.
- $30-$35 Uniform: includes vest, council patch, insignia troop numbers (mandatory for all Girl Scouts)
- $17-$20 Girl Scout Girl Guide Book (mandatory for Juniors, Cadettes and Senior Girl Scouts)
- $25 Snacks: Each girl scout takes turns providing snacks for the entire troop during troop meetings.
Additional funds will be requested for some optional field trips. We will do our best to provide parents with 4-6 weeks notice of any additional financial requests for these trips.
Need Financial Assistance? Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital doesn’t want finances to be a barrier to participation. Girls have the opportunity to request financial assistance for:
- GSUSA National Membership Dues for girls and adults ($12)
- Troop Dues (up to $25)
- Girl Scout Shop Supplies (e.g. sash, recognitions, and books)
When financial assistance is needed, a B251 form must be completed by the leader / advisor or parent and submitted to the Field Director. Anyone interested in this option, should see Troop Manager, Sr. Alia.
InshaAllah, we are planning a wonderful year of scouting for your daughters. I look forward to sharing some of the creative and enriching ideas we have in store for your daughter this year at this Friday’s registration meeting.
JazakumAllah Khair and we hope to see you this Friday, September 14 at 6PM!