For up to 2 hours Troop 3480 Cadettes will be able to try all 12 routes of the Terrapin Tower. Girls are always attached while climbing, either on our auto-belay or manual belay systems. Girls can climb the traditional rock wall sides or try out the vertical playground filled with cargo nets, logs, tires and rope ladders. After reaching the top, girls can either be lowered back to the ground or try to wiggle back to the ground head first in the Rainbow Serpent. Traverse across the cable walk to the Zip Platform. Girls will be clipped into the Zip Trolley and can jump, skip, leap, or fall off the platform. Girls will glide to the end of our 330-foot Zip Line, then glide back to the middle where friendly staff will assist them down.
Participants need to be at least 8 years old, 48 inches tall and weigh between 60 and 275 lbs.
Dress for the weather. Comfortable shoes. Please plan to arrive at 2PM to meet the guides, get equipment, and begin the safety orientation. Terrapin Adventures does not guarantee that latecomers will get the full amount of time on their course. The program will run rain, snow or shine. The program will NOT run in the event of thunder, lightning, or winds in excess of 40 mph.
Terrapin Code of Conduct: While at Terrapin Adventures girls agree to abide by the following rules:
- Chaperones may be asked to help with their groups by maintaining order and clipping in participants.
- All minors must be escorted by guides or chaperones at all times, including lunch and bathroom breaks. The Historic Savage Mill requests that there are no more than 3 youths in the bathrooms at a time.
- We ask that everyone use quiet voices when inside Savage Mill to respect the other merchants.
- Participants are expected to clean up after themselves and treat the equipment loaned to them with respect.
- Do not run, chew gum, smoke, or use profanity while on our course.
- We reserve the right to escort anyone off our course whom we feel is not acting in a safe manner.
What: Soaring Heights Adventure
When: Saturday, December 20, 2014, 2 – 5PM
Where: Terrapin Adventures
8600 Foundry Street Savage, MD 20763
Cost: $45 (patch included)
Forms: Cadette Parental Permission form, Terrapin Adventures Waiver and Directions