As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Jan 29, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Take a moment to note the dates of troop meetings for the next three months:
- February 12, 26
- March 11, 25
- April 8, 22
Also check out the troop calendar to see what events are coming up in February.
- Brownies will continue working on the Money Manager badge by learning how to make a budget. With family assistance Brownies were assigned to make a list and go to a store with a family member, find items to purchase, write down the price, and then add it up to find how much they spent. Brownies should bring the list to this Friday’s troop meeting.
- Brownies who would like to present their Brownie Quest Journey Take Action Project will be able to do so at this Friday’s troop meeting. As soon as they have completed it they will receive their four Brownie Quest journey badges. We will be doing a few presentations per meeting until all have completed it.
- This is the last call to turn in the permission form and $7 for the Wegmans cooking class on February 6. Spaces that are not filled at this troop meeting will be sold to girls in other troops.
- Juniors can still turn in homework for the Savvy Shopper badge: Design an item you think Junior Girl Scouts will want in the year 2112.
- Sis Tracey Abdul-Wahhab, Certified Health and Fit-Fun Coach and owner/founder of It’s All Food, LLC will be helping the Juniors with their Practice with a Purpose badge. Girls should come ready to move dressed in comfortable, active clothing and bring their water bottles. The theme of this fit-fun session will be Love. Sis Tracey will guide the girls through a fit-loving session, teaching them that love is an action word and one way to show Allah (swt) their love for Him is to take care of their blessed body.
- Troop 3480 is collecting funds to donate water to Muslims affected by the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. Please consider donating $5 – $10 per family to help our sisters and brothers in need. In addition, let us re-new our intentions to honor water and the One who created it.
- Coming Soon:
- Muslim Kids Clubs of the Islamic Society of Baltimore presents How to Deal with Islamophobia for middle to high school ages on Saturday, January 30, 2016, 6 – 8:30PM.
- The following events have been cancelled due to inclement weather or lack of interest:
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Registration for Girl Scout Camp begins has begun! Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure and register your Girl Scout today. Spaces fill up quickly. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.
- Snacks will be distributed to Girl Scouts at the end of the troop meeting as of January 2016