As salaamu alaikum,
We’re back on our regular schedule and will have a troop meeting, Friday, Feb 26, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Upcoming troop meeting dates:
- March 11, 25
- April 8, 22
- May 6, 20
Parents: At this Friday’s troop meeting please sign up your Girl Scout to sell Girl Scout cookies at a cookie booth or contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.
- Snacks badge
- This Friday, Viviana Lindo of Eco City Farms will present Farm to Table as part of the Snack Badge. Parents are encouraged to join us in the Brownie meeting room for the presentation at 6:15PM.
- Please assist your Brownie in preparing a snack on her own to share with the Brownies. Please let us know when she will be bringing hers in.
- As a part of earning the My Promise, My Faith pin, please assist your Brownie in learning Tala al Badru Alayna, which they will perform as a part of a presentation about Islam in May at the Diyanet Center of America. Watch the YouTube video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFiYk_fl068.
- Brownie Quest Take Action Project: Some girls will present scrapbooks and complete the song action.
- Please sign up for a Brownie cookie booth on March 5.
- Juniors who have not already done so, should bring in their completed homework for the Practice With a Purpose badge: a personal fitness plan. Girls who have already turned in their fitness plan will share their experiences with the troop.
- Email Sis. Kori at GirlScoutTroopMama [at] gmail [dot] com to sign up for Junior Cookie Booths on either 3/12/2016, 12 – 3PM or 3/19/2016, 2 – 4PM. Locations have been emailed to parents.
- Juniors will be working on their Agent of Change Journey Take Action Project at the Francis A. Gregory Neighborhood Library, Sunday, March 06, 2016, 1 – 4PM. It is essential for girls who completed the Agent of Change Journey in a Day at Chesapeake Children’s Museum to attend this meeting in order to earn their journey badge. Complete the permission form and turn it in to Sis. Kori. Note: All Juniors can work on the take action project, but only girls who completed the journey work will earn the badge.
- February Service Project: Troop 3480 is collecting funds to donate water to Muslims affected by the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. Please consider donating $5 – $10 per family to help our sisters and brothers in need. In addition, let us re-new our intentions to honor water and the One who created it.
- Girl Scout Service Unit 22-6 and Boy Scout Troop/Cub Scout Pack 257 are partnering with the Cheverly Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) to conduct the 4th Annual “Scouts to the Rescue” Search and Rescue exercise on Sunday, March 13, 2016. Daisies, Brownies, Juniors and Cadettes are welcome. RSVP by Saturday, March 5, to Michelle Hayling at 226girlscouts [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com. Teen volunteers are needed.
- Coming Soon:
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Registration is open now. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.