As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Mar 11, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Upcoming troop meeting dates:
- March 25
- April 8, 22
- May 6, 20
- Brownies will be starting their Senses badge and will use their five senses to explore the world.
- Girls who haven’t done so should bring in a snack for the Snacks badge and those who need to complete their Quest Action Project song or scrapbook can present.
- Parents please turn in permission forms for the following events:
- LAST CALL: Juniors who have not already done so, should bring in their completed homework for the Practice With a Purpose badge: a personal fitness plan. Girls who have already turned in their fitness plan will share their experiences with the troop.
- Public Speaking badge is due this month. Girls have one speech to deliver, written by themselves or someone else, an no longer than three minutes. All topics must be emailed to Sis Kesha.
- As a group we will go over presentations for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach event. Groups should be prepared. All girls who are in groups must submit their complete permission form to me.
- The three 8th graders ready to start their Silver Award should be ready to complete the beginning forms today. We have missed the March 15 deadline to be in this year’s On My Honor but girls still have time to finish before they bridge. If you have nothing in writing you are not ready.
- Girls should bring their signs in for the Bling Your Booth Contest.
- PGMA Girl Scouts are having a patch contest for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach. Download the patch contest form and bring in your best designs at the March 25 troop meeting.
- Coming Soon:
- THIS WEEKEND Girl Con, Mar 12 (J, C, S, A)
- March Magic, Mar 18 – 20 (C, S, A). Registration is closed. Girls were given supply lists. Ask questions about supplies before March 19. Parents need to arrange transportation. We can leave as a group from PGMA at 7:30AM Saturday.
- Turn in permission forms for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach, May 14.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Registration is open now. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.