As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Apr 22, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Upcoming troop meeting dates:
- May 6, 20
- April 22: The Brownies will be showing their talent with acrylic paints at this troop meeting. Girls should also bring snack for Snacks badge, and their song & scrapbook for their take action project if they haven’t already.
- April 23: Bugs Badge & Discovery Hike is this Saturday. Meet at Watkins Nature Center at 9:45AM.
- April 30: Brownies will tour ECO City Farm and help plant in their urban garden. Parents must attend. Complete the permission slips; They have been sent to parents via email and will also be available at the troop meeting. Please leave a donation of $2 or more.
- Please learn/practice Tala Badru Alayna nasheed for May 14 performance at our troop’s interfaith outreach event.
- Juniors will be getting ready for camping with a demonstration on how to pack their sleeping system and backpack. This demonstration is mandatory for girls going to Junior Spring Camp on Apr 30.
- Juniors will also be completing their Take Action project by performing a story time for the Daisies inshaAllah.
- Juniors should be practicing for their presentation on notable Muslim women for the interfaith outreach event on May 14.
- Coming soon: Junior Spring Camping at Camp Brighton Woods on Saturday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1
- All Cadettes should bring their Girl Record form and Silver Trefoil Report form. As a group, girls will document and/or update their own Girl Scout work. Cadettes working toward Silver Trefoil need to make sure their hours are documented correctly so that their documents don’t get rejected. Girls should make sure to bring their own handouts, paper, Girls Scout Cadette books and/or notebooks to store their records.
- This Friday, Sis Kesha will be taking Early Bird registration for Cadettes only, including Juniors who are bridging to Cadettes. Save your spot for another year of fun inshaAllah!
- Turn in permission forms for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach, May 14.
- Volunteers are needed at the Diyanet Center of America to help with the Earth Day event on April 23. Volunteers will asist from 1 – 5:30PM. Show up on time as roles will be distributed at 1PM. Sign up here.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Spots are still available. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.