As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, October 21, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Take a little time to note in your calendar the next troop meetings throughout the end 2016:
- Nov 4, 18
- Dec 2, 16
- Daisies will be working on the the Violet petal (Be a Sister to Every Girl Scout). Girls will read about friensdhip, participate in a skit, and do a craft to earn the Violet petal.
- Brownies will have an introduction to their Wonders of Water journey. Please bring your WOW journey book if you have one.
- The girls will have a discussion with the Juniors to decide what to prepare for breakfast while at the Troop Lodge Campout.
- Juniors will decided what journeys, badges and activities they’d like to accomplish this year.
- Juniors will also plan the breakfast menu with the Brownies for the Troop Lodge Campout.
- Our service unit is collecting donation of unused glasses for Sight Night at its Juliette Gordon Low celebration this month. While all girls can participate, Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors who donate frames will receive one (1) service hour (Silver Trefoil service to council hours, or high school community service hours requirements). Please bundle frame donations with a rubber band and your name. This Friday is the only day to give your donations to Sis Kesha.
Eyewear donations will be given to OneSight, an organization provides ongoing, top-quality vision care to adults and children around the world. While OneSight dispenses 100% new eyewear to patients, they do accept eyewear donations to be responsibly recycled. Donated eyewear is disassembled and sent to a third party recycler that utilizes the raw materials.(https://onesight.org) is an organization that refurbishes broken or old eye glass frames.
- Turn in permission forms and payments for the following events:
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and other troop expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) For financial assistance contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.
- Financial assistance is also available for uniform items, Girl Guides and journey books. Contact your Girl Scout’s troop leader.