As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Apr 8, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Upcoming troop meeting dates:
- April 22
- May 6, 20
FINAL DEADLINE TO TURN IN COOKIE MONEY: APRIL 10
Alhamdulillah, we have come to the end of Girl Scout Cookie Season. Thanks to all the parents and girls who took orders, set up cookie booths and worked hard this cookie season. However, there are still several parents who have yet to pick up cookies and turn in cookie money. The money earned by girls goes toward membership dues for the fall, events and activities in 2016 – 2017, and Sojourn to Savannah in 2017.
Cookie money must be turned in and cookies picked up by April 10, 2016. Afterwards, according to the contract signed by parents and scouts at the start of cookie season, names of girls will be turned into GSCNC for collection. This allows the troop to not be punished financially. InshaAllah these debts and arrangements for pick up will be cleared up before April 10.
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Clay Animation Workshop at KID Museum on Saturday, April 9. Cost: $15
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Bugs Badge & Discovery Hike at Watkins Nature Center on Saturday, April 23. Cost: $6
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Animal Habitats Pontoon Boat Tour on Saturday, April 16. Cost: $3
- Coming soon: Junior Spring Camping at Camp Brighton Woods on Saturday, April 30 – Sunday, May 1
- Cadettes will be working on the Five Pillar presentations for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach.
- Turn in permission forms for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach, May 14.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Spots are still available. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.