As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Mar 25, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Upcoming troop meeting dates:
- April 8, 22
- May 6, 20
- Full payment for initial cookie orders are due this Friday, March 25, and is required in order to pick up second cookie orders.
- We need volunteers to help sort the cookies in order to have them ready for pickup insha’Allah. If you are available to help, please contact Sis. Hanifa immediately at troop3480cookies [at] yahoo [dot] com. We will be sorting cookies on Saturday, 3/26/16 from 2 – 5PM at Sis. Hanifa’s home insha’Allah.
- Second cookie orders will be ready for pickup from Sis. Hanifa’s home only on dates and times specified below:
Thursday, 3/24/16, 5 – 6:15PM
Saturday, 3/26/16, 5:30 – 8PM
Sunday, 3/27/16, 12 noon – 3PM
Monday, 3/28/16, 5 – 6:15PM
Thursday, 3/31/16, 5 – 6:15PM
Friday, 4/1/16, 6 – 7:30PM
- Brownies will complete the Senses badge and practice their nasheed to sing at the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach event at the Diyanet Center of America in which girls will earn their My Promise, My Faith pin.
- Girls who haven’t done so should bring in a snack for the Snacks badge and those who need to complete their Quest Action Project song or scrapbook can present.
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Clay Animation Workshop at KID Museum on April 9. Cost: $15
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Bugs Badge & Discovery Hike at Watkins Nature Center on April 23. Cost: $6
- Juniors will be finishing up the prep-work for their Agent of Change Take Action Project.
- Turn in permission forms and payment for Fun Fitness at Sky Zone on Saturday, April 2. Cost: $10. Juniors are celebrating their completion of the Practice with a Purpose badge. Tagalongs are welcome with an accompanying adult. Adults are encouraged to join the fun, too.
- This week Cadetts will continue the Public Speaking badge for those girls that were present for Sis Raheemah’s presentation. Girls must email their topics by 5PM Friday, prior to the troop meeting.
- Cadettes will also be viewing the 5 Pillar presentations for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach.
- Cadettes will also present the New Cuisines badge.
- PGMA Girl Scouts are having a patch design contest for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach. Download the patch contest form and bring in your best designs at the March 25 troop meeting.
- Turn in permission forms for the Meet a Girl Scout Muslimah Interfaith Outreach, May 14.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Registration is open now. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.