We Are Family 2014 Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital Art Contest
At Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital, We are Family and we want to see what your Girl Scout family looks likes. Show us how your Troop, Service Unit, or Association bonds together like a family to create the best Girl Scout experience. Be creative, send your drawing, painting, photo or graphic design and enter the We are Family Girl Scout Art Contest.
Maybe it’s an image of your troop, or show us how your family is involved—maybe your mom leads your troop meetings, your dad drives you to Girl Scout meetings and trips, or does Grandma help with Cookie Booths?
We want to see your Girl Scout Family in action though art- paint, draw, graphic design or photography. Be creative!
Selected art will be on exhibit at Girl Scout events and displayed at the Pepco Gallery during Girl Scout Week, March 10-14.
Deadline: Friday January 3, 2014
- Contest is only open to registered Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital girl members.
- You can submit as an individual or troop.
- Label your artwork with the artist’s name, age, city, state, Service Unit, Troop Number, email, phone number and Troop Leader’s information.
- Your artwork must be no larger than 24 in. x 18 in.
- Finalists will be notified that they made the top 10.
- All artwork becomes the property of Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
- Artwork will be judged on creativity, representation of “ We are Family” with consideration of all Girl Scout levels.
Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital
4301 Connecticut Ave, NW M-2
Washington, DC 20008
Attn: PR Department
For more information please contact Breauna Johnson at Bjohnson@gscnc.org with the subject line “Girl Scout Art Contest 2014”.