When girls attend Girl Scout Day at the Newseum, they have the opportunity to participate in activities such as:
- NewsMania™ – Show what you know about Girl Scouts, women’s history and today’s news in the Newseum’s live, current events game show complete with buzzers, lights and prizes.
- Front Page Frenzy – Race across a giant game board and compete for prizes as you play this fast-paced game that uses historic front pages reporting on accomplishments of famous women.
- Votes for Women: The First Amendment and the Women’s Rights Movement – This 30-minute program features “Can’t Touch This,” one of the Newseum’s most popular films. Participants learn the five freedoms of the First Amendment and how women’s suffrage activists exercised those rights, protesting and publishing their own newspapers to bring attention to their cause.
- Women in Journalism Gallery Talk – Throughout history, journalism was largely a man’s world, and women were mostly relegated to lower-rung jobs. The movement of women into the workplace propelled them front and center – to Page One and the television anchor slot. Learn about the role of women in news history through stories, artifacts, photos and video.
- Express Yourself – Design a T-shirt, button or bumper sticker celebrating your right to free expression.
- Women in the News Scavenger Hunt – Sniff out all the great information about women in the news throughout the Newseum.
Questions: Please visit newseum.org or call the Education Department at 202-292-6650 for more information
Tickets: There are only 20 tickets girl tickets and 5 adult tickets available for this event; both are $11. See Sis. Kesha to purchase your ticket. Download the permission slip for Girl Scout Day at the Newseum. To register on your own fill out the ticket request form on the Newseum’s website and send it to email@example.com
What: Girl Scout Day at the Newseum
Who: Juniors, Cadettes, Seniors & Ambassadors
When: Saturday, February 15, 2014
555 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001