The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, May 22, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please note that the final troop meeting of 2014-2015 will be June 5.
- Brownies will begin working on their Fair Play badge in which girls will learn to work together to have the most fun possible. They will play games while learning the importance of following rules and being part of a team. Attendance at the Troop Field Day on May 31 is very important, as the field day experience is one of the steps to earn the Fair Play badge.
- Juniors working on the final steps of the Simple Meals badge, planning the menu for a special occasion and discussing how to make healthier substitutes in desserts. Each girl should bring in the recipe of one of her favorite desserts.
- Juniors will also decide on a Take Action Project for their Get Moving! Journey.
- Bridging Juniors who attend the Cadette presentation this Friday will complete the Looking Forward portion of their Bridging to Cadettes award.
- Parents and bridging Juniors (girls who are currently Juniors in the 5th grade) should join the Cadettes as they discuss their experiences at the Stabler Apothecary Museum and show their Public Service Announcement from their MEdia Journey.
- After the Cadettes’ presentation, the Seniors will be completing their GIRLtopia Journey with a program for the Cadettes titled “Who Am I?” which will end at 8PM.
- This Friday is the last day to turn in permission forms and money for the Capital Wheel Program, June 6.
- Our end of year program will be a Troop Field Day. Turn in permission forms for the Troop 3480 Field Day at Fairwood Park in Bowie, MD, May 31. Parent volunteers are needed to set up, supervise for safety, serve and clean up.
- Thank you to the parents that attended the Sojourn to Savannah meeting on May 15. Those that missed it will have to wait until October to find out more information and make their deposits for the trip. Find out more about what programs are offered at the birthplace of the founder of Girl Scouts as well as other Girl Scout offerings in and around Savannah.
- Please contact Sister Rolanda at this Friday’s troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks. Troop managers request that parents provide snacks for at least one troop meeting during the Girl Scout year. The final troop meeting of the 2014-2015 Girl Scout year will be June 5.