As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting is today, Friday, October 23, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely.
Troop 3480 meets every other Friday. Take a little time to note in your calendar the next few troop meetings:
- Nov. 6
- Nov. 20
- Dec. 4
- Dec. 18
- Brownies will be making new friends and getting to know each other. Parents are invited to the room from 6 – 6:20PM to do the same.
- Bring $10 and a completed, signed permission form to the meeting to pay for the World of Girls Journey in a Day at the Chesapeake Museum, this Saturday, Oct. 24. Please arrive by 9:45AM. No tagalongs.
- Bring $7 to pay for the Brownie Quest journey book.
- Juniors should come ready to choose a troop government, a journey, and five badges they would like to earn this year inshaAllah.
- Sis. Yasmeen is inviting the Juniors to volunteer at Food Day, this Saturday, 24 Oct, 2 – 5PM, at Eco City Farms in Bladensburg, MD. The entire community is welcome to enjoy this FREE event which includes farm tours, smoothie bikes, face painting, and plenty of healthy food, drinks and t-shirts.
- Cadettes who have just bridged from Juniors: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Cadettes Award?
- Be prepared to take notes at Sis. Kieta’s presentation on creating effective proposals and bring your sit-upon (or a reusable bag so you can make one).
- Cookie Program Aide Training, Nov 7
- Seniors who have just bridged from Cadettes: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Seniors Award?
- October Troop Community Service Project: Today is the final troop meeting to donate bottles of 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner to the annual Purse Drive sponsored by My Girlfriend’s House.
- Senior and Ambassador Gold Award Boot Camp, Oct 25
- Brownie & Junior Cookie College, Dec 6
- Daisy & Brownie Core Camp, Jan 9 – 10
- Cadette, Senior & Ambassadors Winter Challenge Core Camp, Feb 19 – 21
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. Dues pay for badges and pins and help supplement some activities. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.