As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting this Friday, Dec 18, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. There is a 15-minute grace period. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Cookie Mom, Sis. Hanifa, will be having a Cookie Information session for all parents during this Friday’s troop meeting inshaAllah. Parents should come to complete the paperwork in order for their girl to sell cookies for the 2015-2016 Cookie Season.
InshaAllah, Daisies will have a rededication & investiture ceremony including treats and tea! Parents are invited to participate and join in the songs, crafts and fun.
- Brownies should bring their Brownie Quest journey book and be prepared to discuss pages 54 & 55.
- Parents: feel free to bring a potluck dish for the Investiture & Rededication ceremony.
- Bring $7 to pay for the Making Games badge program at Montpelier Mansion, Dec 26
- Juniors who attended the horseback riding clinic at Beech Grove Farm should bring in a thank you note for Mrs. Anita.
- Juniors should bring in their fitness goal for the Practice with a Purpose badge.
- Amina is going to share her fitness goal with the troop. Girls should bring a basketball or bouncy ball.
- Agent of Change Journey-in-a-Day, THIS SUNDAY, Dec 20
- Junior Spring Core Camp, Apr 30. These type of programs fill up quickly, so get forms & payment in ASAP.
- Please complete and have your Junior turn in the Meet My Daughter form to her troop leader so they can get to know your daughter better.
- The Junior troop needs a Troop Mom to provide occasional assistance at troop meetings and help communicate with other parents. Contact Sis. Kori at girlScoutTroopMama [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Cadettes have several deliverables for tomorrow’s troop meeting:
- Girls should come prepared to start work on their Night Owl badge by bringing their research about constellations in the night sky, the winter solstice and a nocturnal flower. Cadettes will be star gazing: don’t forget to bring a sleeping bag or tarp, graph paper, pencil and flashlight.
- see the Cadette Corner about badge selection, aMaze journey and Silver Award.
- Cadette Financial Literacy Workshop, Jan 9
- All levels: Service Unit 22-6 SHARE Skate Night, Jan 17
- Cadette, Senior & Ambassador Chemistry in the Kitchen, Feb 27
- Junior, Cadette, Senior & Ambassador GirlCon, Mar 12
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Please bring a dish to share for your Girl Scout’s investiture & rededication ceremony. Each level will have their own ceremony.