As salaamu alaikum,
Because our troop meeting last Friday was cancelled due to inclement weather, we will have a make-up troop meeting this Friday, Feb 5, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM. Afterwards, we will continue with the next regularly scheduled troop meeting on Feb 12, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Take a moment to note the dates of troop meetings for the next three months:
- February 12, 26
- March 11, 25
- April 8, 22
- Brownies will continue working on the Money Manager badge by learning how to make a budget. With family assistance Brownies were assigned to make a list and go to a store with a family member, find items to purchase, write down the price, and then add it up to find how much they spent. Brownies should bring the list to this Friday’s troop meeting.
- Brownies who would like to present their Brownie Quest Journey Take Action Project will be able to do so at this Friday’s troop meeting. As soon as they have completed it they will receive their four Brownie Quest journey badges. We will be doing a few presentations per meeting until all have completed it.
- This is the last call to turn in the permission form and $7 for the Wegmans cooking class on February 6. Spaces that are not filled at this troop meeting will be sold to girls in other troops.
- Juniors can still turn in homework for the Savvy Shopper badge: Design an item you think Junior Girl Scouts will want in the year 2112.
- Sis Tracey Abdul-Wahhab, Certified Health and Fit-Fun Coach and owner/founder of It’s All Food, LLC will be helping the Juniors with their Practice with a Purpose badge. Girls should come ready to move dressed in comfortable, active clothing and bring their water bottles. The theme of this fit-fun session will be Love. Sis Tracey will guide the girls through a fit-loving session, teaching them that love is an action word and one way to show Allah (swt) their love for Him is to take care of their blessed body.
- This troop meeting is the last day to present for the Night Owl badge.
- Cadettes working on their aMaze Journey should bring their Peacemaker box to present and prepare for the Take Action project.
- Cadettes working on the Babysitter badge should have their Mommy’s Day Out schedule completed by the Feb 12 troop meeting.
- We will discuss an upcoming My Promise, My Faith event.
- Cadettes will be beginning their Public Speaker badge with a half hour presentation by Sis Raheemah Abdul-Aleem Karim, Associate General Council, Executive office of the President.
- Troop 3480 is collecting funds to donate water to Muslims affected by the water crisis in Flint, Michigan. Please consider donating $5 – $10 per family to help our sisters and brothers in need. In addition, let us re-new our intentions to honor water and the One who created it.
- Chesapeake Bay STEM Fest, Feb 6, Cancelled
- Coming Soon:
- CAIR: Anti-Bullying Workshop, Feb 6, 11AM – 2PM: CAIR, in collaboration with the Islamic Community Center of Laurel (ICCL), is hosting an anti-bullying seminar to address this growing concern. Bullying is a very important topic for parents, youth and young kids. This seminar will provide active and up to date knowledge of the issues facing our children and adolescents. It is absolutely imperative for us to empower our young community members by providing them information about what bullying is and how to deal with it. All parents, teachers and students are encouraged and welcome to attend. For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Chemistry in the Kitchen, (C, S, A) originally schedule for Feb 27, is in the process of being rescheduled by the Girl Scouts of Central Maryland (GSCM). A new date will be announced soon.
- Girl Con, Mar 12 (J, C, S, A)
- March Magic, Mar 18 – 20 (C, S, A)
- Permission forms and money must be turned in simultaneously by parents/guardians at the front desk during troop meetings. It’s also a good practice to keep all payment receipts until the event has passed. Do not give money or permission forms to your Girl Scout to turn in during her troop meeting.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Registration for Girl Scout Camp has begun! Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure and register your Girl Scout today. Spaces fill up quickly. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.