Get the scoop with the Girl Scouts during a fun-filled day at the Newseum.
New This Year:
- Show off your best singing voice with our karaoke Girl Scouts Sing! Sing songs by famous female artists, as well as former Girl Scouts such as Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey and Sheryl Crow.
- Join a Women Who Rock tour to discover how women have made gains – and a name – by speaking out through music and marches in the world of politics and social movements.
- Take a break and get active in our Funspot game room! Play mega-sized games of Connect Four and Jenga. Challenge your friends in a game of bean bag toss!
- Discover the various ways that young women have used the five freedoms of the First Amendment to fight for their beliefs in our self-guided Girl Power Scavenger Hunt.
- Bring your camera and capture a selfie with a life-sized cutout of Nellie Bly, a pioneer for women in journalism, in our Photo Op.
- Show what you know about the Girl Scouts, women’s history and current events in the Newseum’s popular NewsMania game show.
- Race across a giant game board using historic front pages in Front Page Frenzy game that uses historic front pages featuring accomplishments of famous women.
- Learn how women’s suffrage activists used their First Amendment rights to bring attention to their cause in Votes for Women program.
- In the Express Yourself station, decorate a tote bag, picture frame or patch button.
- Pack your imagination and head off on a Nellie Bly Global Scavenger Hunt in the Newseum’s exhibits. Travel through time to learn about the different ways of communicating, news around the world and the life of journalist Elizabeth Cochrane, aka Nellie Bly. Download the hunt and print it in advance.
- Download the schedule for full list of events with times.
Girl Scouts should wear their full uniform and hijab and bring lunch money. Parents and tagalongs are welcome to attend but must buy their tickets online or at the door.
What: Girl Scout Day at the Newseum
Who: All Levels
When: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 9AM – 2PM
555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Cost: $11/person (scouts/children age 6 and under are free.)
Forms: Girl Scout Day at the Newseum Permission Form