As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Oct 13, 2016, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Daisies will be working on their Lupe petal, discussing the importance of being honest and fair.
- There are many new Brownies this year so they will be getting to know each other, discussing the Girl Scout Way, and planning for future badges.
- Two Juniors will teach the Brownies a few traditional Girl Scout camp songs and share their experiences from Girl Scout summer sleep-away camp.
- Turn in permission forms and $12 payment for the World of Girls Journey-in-a-Day at Chesapeake Children’s Museum, Oct. 28
- Register online for the Saturday, December 9 morning session (8:30AM – 12PM Noon) of Cookie College at the University of Maryland College Park, or bring $8 to the front desk at the troop meeting (subject to availability).
- Juniors will continue getting to know each other and planning their Girl Scout year, deciding what badges they want to earn as well as what activities they would like to do together as a troop.
- Cadettes should make sure they are working on the first two steps of their Babysitter badge:
- Step 1 – Observe kids in person for at least one hour. It could be at a day-care center, preschool, after-school program, or with an older girl who has a regular babysitting job. Act as a scientific researcher and take notes about your observations. When you get home, do some research in books or online, and compare your observations with professional opinions on childhood development.
- Step 2 – Interview five moms about what they expect from a babysitter. What are the top-three behavioral, safety and emergency situations they expect babysitters to be able to handle? If these are situations for which you aren’t prepared, find a way to be prepared.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Seniors & Ambassadors will be having a guest speaker on conflict resolution and communication. The presenter, Aaliyah Muhammad, is a former prosecuting attorney for the city of Baltimore. She is also a court-appointed mediator and has worked with and trained police officers and other professionals on mediation and conflict resolution.
- Turn in permission forms for the Bridging Ceremony, Saturday, October, 14, 3:30 – 5:30PM, at Fox Hill Community Park Bridge in Bowie, MD.