As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Oct 27, 2016, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Daisy Parents: Please note that the new meeting time for Daisies will be from 6-7:30PM. Daisies are much younger and are extremely tired and hungry by 7:30PM. Please be prompt in picking up your Daisy daughters at 7:30PM. All other troop levels will continue to meet from 6 – 8PM.
- This week, Daisies will be working on their friendly and helpful petal.
- Brownies will have their Investiture and Rededication program this Friday inshaAllah. Investiture welcomes girls who are new to Girl Scouts while Rededication allows girls to reaffirm their commitment to scouting. Parents are invited to attend immediately following Maghrib prayer, 6:45 – 7:15PM.
- Turn in permission forms, $12 payment, health forms and dues to attend the World of Girls Journey-in-a-Day at Chesapeake Children’s Museum, THIS SATURDAY, Oct. 28
- Please let troop leaders know if your daughter will not be able to attend the troop meeting.
- Juniors will have an Investiture & Rededication ceremony and then get prepared for Girl Scout Cookie Season by beginning work on their Customer Insights badge.
- The following Juniors should come with updates on the location, hours and costs of their respective troop activities:
- Six Flags – Nedaa
- Zipline – Hannan
- Indoor Sky Diving – Halima
- Sky Zone – Aqeelah
- Cadettes will have their cupcake competition! Girl should remember to coordinate what they will bring with their small groups. This competition will only be successful if everyone does their part. Do we have the next great pastry chef in our midst?!
- Cadette, Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts and Parents: Please join troop leadership and our Service Unit Money Manager for an update on troop finances, promptly, 6 – 6:30PM. Additionally, come learn about the upcoming summer 2018 troop trek to the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, founder of Girl Scouts, in Savannah, Georgia, inshaAllah.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sister Alia if you are interested.