As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Nov 10, 2017, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Daisies will be working on a friendship project with the Seniors and Ambassadors.
- Parents: please remember to pick up your Daisy at 7:30PM
- Brownies will be earning the My Promise, My Faith pin at this Friday’s troop meeting.
- They voted to earn the Snack Badge and will be needing their parent’s assistance with Step 1, an assignment that they will bring home. As part of the Snack badge, Brownies will begin volunteering to bring a snack that they prepared at home to share with each other.
- Juniors will continue to get prepared for Girl Scout Cookie Season by working on their Customer Insights badge.
- Permission forms and payments for Junior Horseback Riding (Nov 18 at Camp Olympia) are due at this Friday’s troop meeting.
- Cadettes will be working on their Science of Happiness badge. We can get this badge done in one meeting!
- Make yourself happier
- Think differently for happiness
- Get happy through others
- Do a helpful happiness experiment
- Create a happiness action plan
Come ready to help your fellow Cadettes enjoy life more!
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- We as a troop have the opportunity to lead an effort to help 8 families who are recent immigrants from Uganda to have a better winter. These families need basic winter clothing like coats, boots, socks, gloves, hats, sweaters and hoodies. Our troop would like to lead the effort to provide them with socks, gloves and hats. Would you all like to lead the effort to get our troop to contribute toward this campaign by asking your fellow scouts to bring at least one of these items to our next troop meeting?
- Turn in permission forms and payments for Exploring the Sky, (Nov 18, near Rock Creek Nature Center in DC).
- There will be a Girl Scout Troop Travel Meeting on November 17 at 6PM for our upcoming trip to Savannah. Deposits will be collected.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.