As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Feb 16, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Turn in permission forms and $14 payment for the Making Games & Dancer badge program at Montpelier Mansion, Sunday, Feb. 25.
- Juniors will begin working on their Savvy Shopper badge, part of the Girl Scout Junior financial literacy program. Food and water, clean clothes, a place to live: These are things everyone needs. A closet full of shoes, a new desk, tickets to a movie: These are things people want. But how do you figure out what you need and what you want? It might not be as easy as you think! Juniors will:
- explore needs and wants,
- look into why we want what we want,
- find out what makes people happy (or not!) with what they buy,
- learn how to decide what to buy, and make a plan to buy something you need or want.
When the Juniors have earned this badge, they’ll know the difference between needs and wants and will be able to smartly save money for both.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Those who have submitted their initial Girl Scout Cookie orders should be prepared to pick up their cookies at the troop meeting this Friday.
- Sis. Bahiyyah will do a Career Day presentation for the girls.
- Upcoming Events:
- March 9: Seniors Sisterhood Journey begins with a movie (TBD) and treasure box creation.
- March 10: Ambassador Justice and Senior Sisterhood Journey-in-a-Day
- The Nova Fencing Fun Patch for Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors is THIS SATURDAY, 17 February, at Nova Fencing Club. Download, complete and turn in waiver & release forms to Sis. Asma.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.