As salaamu alaikum,
We will have a make-up troop meeting tomorrow, Friday, March 9, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah, because of inclement weather last Friday. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged. We will then return to our regularly schedule with the next two troop meetings on March 16 and 30, inshaAllah.
- Brownies will be discussing choices for their Quest Journey Take Action Project.
- All girls are expected to turn in all take-home Journey activity sheets.
- Brownies will also work on the My Family Story legacy badge and will each share their family tree story.
- Juniors will complete the final steps of their Savvy Shopper badge inshaAllah.
- Turn in permission forms and payments for the aMuse Journey-in-a-Day on Saturday, April 7.
- Sis. Deja will teach Cadettes art techniques related to working on clothing as a canvas, then girls will personalize their own caps. Girls who wanted to participate should have RSVPed for this workshop with Sis. Rahmah ( rahmah825
@gmail.com ) by February 26. Cadettes who RSVPed must bring $15 payment for the workshop to the troop meeting this Friday!
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- In light of current events, we have decided to reevaluate the Senior/Ambassador schedule for the remainder of the Girl Scout Year. InshaAllah, with this in mind, there will be a mandatory parent meeting during the March 16 troop meeting. May Allah guide us toward unity, love, understanding and patience, and allow us to be a help and a light for our girls. Ameen!
- We are still in flu season. If your children are experiencing flu symptoms, please keep them home and do not bring them to the meeting.
- If you have a Girl Scout going on the PGMA Girl Scout Trip to Savannah this summer, please stop by and see Sis. Alia to receive updated information.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.