As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, April 13, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Daisies will continue working on their STEM: Think Like An Engineer Journey! Please dress them in play clothes since they will be conducting fun, but messy experiments.
- Turn in permission forms and payments for the Daisy Flower Garden Journey at Chesapeake Children’s Museum on April 21.
- Brownies will work on their Senses badge and do yoga again. Girls should bring a yoga mat and water bottle, and dress in active attire so that they are able to move comfortably. Please bring extra yoga mats to share, if you have them.
- Parents: please turn in permission forms, waivers and payments for upcoming events.
- Juniors will begin their Programming Robots badge. Robots are simple machines made of many different parts that are programmed to run automatically. Programmers are the engineers that create step-by-step instructions, or algorithms, that tell robots how to understand and respond to their environment. We’ll start by engineering a simple machine that helps a robot to land then learn about the robot brain. After, Juniors will create programs for their friends to make images using tangrams and complete an obstacle course before coding on a device.
- Learn how robots work
- Discover the robot brain
- Learn about programming
- Try simple programming
- Code a robot
When Juniors have earned this badge, they will know how robots receive instructions in a way similar to the human brain. They will be able to create simple programs that could be run by a robot.
- All Summer in Savannah participants must attend a planning meeting immediately after the troop meeting this Friday, April 13. Second deposits of $175 are due at this meeting.
- Parents should see Snack Mom, Sis. Marnice, during the troop meeting to sign up to bring healthy snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.