As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, April 27, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- InshaAllah, this week the Daisies will finish their STEM: Think Like An Engineer Journey and work on their exciting Take Action Project. Parents: please check your email and sign up to bring items for the Jared Boxes. You can come and assist us in making the boxes for local sick children.
- Brownies will be making puppets for their Quest Journey Take Action Project. The puppets will be donated to their doctor or dentist office for families to enjoy while in office waiting rooms. Each girl should bring a pair of socks to make her puppet.
- There are many upcoming activities and the Brownies will be ending this year with a Bang! So, Parents, please turn in payments, permission forms and waivers for Fencing Fun (Apr 28), Day Camping (May 12), and Bugs Badge (May 19).
- Juniors will take a quick detour from working on their Programming Robots badge to earn their My Promise, My Faith pin. My Promise, My Faith allows girls to further strengthen the connection between their faith and Girl Scouts. Sis. Whittni will guide the Juniors in carefully examining the Girl Scout Law and tying it directly to the tenets of Islam.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Upcoming Senior/Ambassador activities:
- April 28: 4-hour Service to Girl Scouts training resulting in Program Aide bar at GSCNC Council Office. This training will prepare girls for the Earth Defender camp in July inshaAllah.
- May 12: Sisterhood Take Action Project (Senior Journey) / Brownie Day Camp, 11AM – 7PM
- July 16 – 20: Earth Defender Camp at Camp Aquasco. Girls can earn volunteer hours. Bus transportation is available.
- Date TBA: Visit to National Arboretum Bonsai Tree exhibit.
- Date TBA: Photography Seminar
- Early Bird Registration has begun for the 2018 -2019 Girl Scout Year and will end on June 6. Re-register your Girl Scout online. A registration event at PGMA Girl Scouts will be announced soon.
- Save the Date! The annual PGMA Girl Scouts Ramadan Lock-in will be Friday, May 25 inshaAllah.
- Parents should see Snack Mom, Sis. Marnice, during the troop meeting to sign up to bring healthy snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.