As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, May 11, 2018, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- This Friday, Brownies will be making sit-upons for Camp Day. Please bring two (2) newspapers and a sturdy, small, plastic reusable bag that is big enough to stuff with newspaper and sit on.
- Brownie Cookie Mom, Sis. Nneka, will recognize the girls who participated in this year’s Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- Brownies attending Camp Day this Saturday should bring their sit-upon, mess kit in a mesh bag, and leave their vests at home. Please be prompt; there are lots of fun activities planned for the girls and we don’t want them to miss a single thing.
- Please turn in payments and permission forms for the Bugs Badge workshop (May 19).
- Juniors will finish the last steps of their Programming Robots badge inshaAllah. Girls should come with the Lightbot programming game already downloaded and installed on a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Upcoming Senior/Ambassador activities:
- May 12: Sisterhood Take Action Project (Senior Journey) / Brownie Camp Day, 11AM – 7PM
- July 16 – 20: Earth Defender Camp at Camp Aquasco. Girls can earn volunteer hours. Bus transportation is available.
- Date TBA: Visit to National Arboretum Bonsai Tree exhibit.
- Date TBA: Photography Seminar
- Early Bird Registration has begun for the 2018 – 2019 Girl Scout Year and will end on June 6. Re-register your Girl Scout online. A registration event at PGMA Girl Scouts will be announced soon.
- Save the Date! The annual PGMA Girl Scouts Ramadan Lock-in will be Friday, May 25 inshaAllah.
- There will be Summer in Savannah planning meeting for all Girl Scouts and chaperones this Friday, 8 – 9PM inshaAllah. We’ll discuss room assignments, agenda, transportation, drop-off and pick-up times, how to pack, food for the train ride, and uniform requirements. In addition, $175 final deposits will be collected.
- Parents should see Snack Mom, Sis. Marnice, during the troop meeting to sign up to bring healthy snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- PGMA Girl Scouts is recruiting troop leaders who would like to be actively involved with building girls of faith, courage, confidence and character. Please connect with Sis. Alia if you are interested.