As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, Jan 4, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Girl Scout Cookie Season has begun! The initial order phase ends January 12, 2019. Learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Program here.
- The Brownie Cookie Mom will be available for parents to sign forms and pick up paperwork so their girls can participate in this year’s Girl Scout Cookie Program
- Parent volunteers are crucial to a successful troop Cookie Program. We need parents to volunteer to pick up the cookies (a one-time commitment during the first two weeks of February 2019) and chaperone cookie booths (aim to volunteer at least one time for one – two hours per cookie booth from February 15 – March 17, 2019). Step up and help our Girl Scouts achieve their goals!
- The Brownies will be painting the miniature pottery pieces they made last troop meeting for their Potters badge.
- We are still accepting budgets for the Money Manager badge.
- Turn in permission forms for the American Indian Museum trip (Jan 12) and Service Unit Skate Party (Jan 20).
- Juniors will finish their Cookie CEO badge to help prepare them for an amazing and fun Girl Scout Cookie Season.
- Juniors who participated in the Agent of Change journey will work on their Take Action project.
- Juniors will also begin their Detective badge.
- Turn in permission forms for the Service Unit Skate Party (Jan 20).
- Cadettes will be working on the Woodworking badge. Tonya Williams from Bridging Leaders will come to our meeting with all of the equipment and materials needed to complete the badge. Please make every effort to be on time for the troop meeting as completing the badge will take the entire troop meeting. The cost of this badge is $15 per girl. If you have not already paid please email Sister Rahmah at rahmah825
@gmail.com as soon as possible BEFORE the troop meeting as there are a few spots still available.
- Parents should see the Snack Mom during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Important: Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/Girl Scout; $40/Daisy) for your Girl Scout.