As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, October 18, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will be troop camping this weekend. Please turn in permission forms and $20 payments.
- Girls will make sit-upons. Please bring a nice strong reusable plastic bag, 1 or 2 large newspapers for stuffing, and duct tape.
- Brownies will also be preparing to do historical interpretation at Riley’s Lockhouse on November 3 inshaAllah. Turn in health forms, permission forms and be ready to learn about how a family lived in 19th century Maryland.
- Juniors will be getting ready for troop camping this weekend by learning/reviewing how to:
- pack a sleep system,
- set up a kaper chart
- make a sit-upon
- build a fire safely
- leave no trace when venturing outdoors
- Permission forms and $20 payments are due Friday for troop camping this weekend. Girl health forms must be on file with a troop leader and at least half of the $50 dues paid.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Seniors and Ambassadors will begin working on the Cybersecurity badge. Girls should bring their laptop or tablet to the troop meeting Friday. This is the first in a series of STEM badges the troop will be working on. The tool kit can be purchased online at the Girl Scout Shop. Contact Sis Asma with any questions.
- Parents should see the Sis Maryam during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/girl) for your Girl Scout. Troop dues pay for badges, supplies and cover/supplement activity fees.