As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, November 1, 2019, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will continue learning about Victorian-era Maryland by doing crafts and playing games children played in the 19th century. Parents should turn in permission forms for the Riley’s Lockhouse event.
- Girls will also be introduced to their upcoming journey: A World of Girls.
- Juniors will get a jumpstart getting prepared for Girl Scout Cookie Season by starting work on their Customer Insights badge and Cookie Entrepreneur patch.
- Cadettes will be working on completing the Outdoor Art Apprentice badge that they started while troop camping and working on an art project that they did not get to during troop camping. The steps to be completed for the Outdoor Art Apprentice badge are:
Step 1 – research an artist inspired by nature and use her as an inspiration to create something of your own.
Step 4 – be a nature photographer – photograph patterns and textures in nature.
Cadettes who did not go camping can complete the steps 2, 3 and 5 on their own to earn the badge.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Seniors and Ambassadors will work on the next section of the Cybersecurity badge. Girl should bring laptops to the troop meeting.
- Parents should see the Sis Maryam during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- Please turn in health forms and troop dues ($50/girl) for your Girl Scout. Troop dues pay for badges, supplies and cover/supplement activity fees.