As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, January 3, 2020, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
It’s Girl Scout Cookie Season! Make sure to connect with your Girl Scout’s Troop Cookie Manager to sign your daughter up for this year’s Girl Scout Cookie Program: a fun, hands-on way for girls to earn money to support their dreams, and develop leadership and financial literacy skills. Click to learn more about the Girl Scout Cookie Program and the Five Skills it helps girls cultivate.
- Brownies will complete the World of Girls Journey.
- Please turn in forms for Cybersecurity and Quest Journey.
- Juniors will complete the Customer Insights badge & Cookie Entrepreneur patch inshaAllah.
- Turn in permission forms and $20 payments this Friday for the aMuse Journey-in-a-Day at the Chesapeake Children’s Museum happening THIS SUNDAY, January 5, 2020, 8:45AM-5PM.
- Please turn in $7/person payments for SU 22-6 SHARE Skate Night or pay via Cash app directly to $Troop6486, including your Girl Scout’s name and troop number in the note.
- Cadettes will be discussing how they will earn all of their remaining badges and patches for the year.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Seniors & Ambassadors will be wrapping up the PSA project. Girls who have signed up for a job please be sure to attend the troop meeting to do their agreed-upon task. The Take Action project is required to complete the three Cybersecurity badges.
- On January 17, 2020, Seniors & Ambassadors will be visited by award-winning short film director, Ayanna Sharif. Girls will learn about film production and view the short film Wudu.
- Parents should see the Sis Maryam during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- If you still have not turned in the health form for your Girl Scout, please do so immediately. Also, your Girl Scout’s troop dues ($50/girl) should be paid in full as soon as possible. Troop dues pay for badges, supplies and cover/supplement activity fees.