As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be tomorrow, Friday, January 17, 2020, 6 – 8PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:15PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
- Brownies will be working on their Snacks badge by decorating cupcakes with a pastry chef and discussing their Health Fair.
- Professional teaching artist, Sis. Najiyyah, will be bringing a drawing workshop to the next two troop meetings to help the Juniors complete their Drawing badge on January 17 and January 31 inshaAllah. Girls must attend both troop meetings to earn the badge or do the steps they miss on their own and bring in their work to share.
The Junior Drawing badge is all about learning techniques to make your drawings even better. Girls will experiment with different art materials, learn how to add shading, get tips on perspective, use their imagination like a graphic artist, and make their own masterpiece. Finally, Juniors will have an art showcase in February displaying their masterpieces inshaAllah.
In addition to two sessions of drawing lessons with Sis. Najiyyah, girls will receive a Take-Home Masterpiece Kit, which includes the following:
- 4 Sheets of Bristol Drawing paper
- 2 Sheets of pastel paper
- 1 General’s Brand Black Charcoal Pencil
- 1 Prismacolor Kneaded eraser for removing or highlighting pencil, chalk, charcoal or pastel
- 1 General’s Brand Black Graphite Pencil
- 1 Black ink pen
- 3 Blendable Primary Color Chalk Pastels
- 1 Pre-cut Matte Board to display their best Masterpiece
This two-part workshop & supplies is $20 per girl, cash, check or Cash App to $Troop3813.
- Cadettes will be having a movie night this Friday per their vote at the January 3rd troop meeting. Cadettes should complete the assignments they selected including securing location and materials needed to watch the movie (computer, projector, access to movie selected). All Cadettes should bring snacks to share.
SENIORS & AMBASSADORS
- Seniors & Ambassadors will be wrapping up the PSA project. Girls who have signed up for a job please be sure to attend the troop meeting to do their agreed-upon task. The Take Action project is required to complete the three Cybersecurity badges.
- On January 17, 2020, Seniors & Ambassadors will be visited by award-winning short film director, Ayanna Sharif. Girls will learn about film production and view the short film Wudu.
- Parents should see the Sis Maryam during the troop meeting to sign up to bring snacks for upcoming troop meetings inshaAllah.
- If you still have not turned in the health form for your Girl Scout, please do so immediately. Also, your Girl Scout’s troop dues ($50/girl) should be paid in full as soon as possible. Troop dues pay for badges, supplies and cover/supplement activity fees.