The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, January 30, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah.
- Will begin work on the Zinni petal which focuses on being considerate and caring. Daisies should bring a new or gently used toy to donate to a local charity. Girls will be learning to think of others through words and actions.
- Brownies will be doing YOGA with Sister Alia Alim. Please have your Brownie wear comfortable clothing for stretching.
- Brownies will begin working on the My Promise, My Faith Pin. They will be finding values in the Girl Scout Promise that occur in Islam. They will learn that Girl Scouting and their faith have a lot in common. Here are the first few steps Brownies should complete by the January 30 troop meeting:
- Assist your Brownie selecting a line from the Girl Scout Law, then find an ayat from the Quran, story, song or poem from Islam with the same ideas.
- Have her talk with her family or friends about what that line in the Girl Scout Law and the ayat, story, song or poem from Islam have in common.
- She can ask a woman in her own faith how she tries to use that line of the law in her life.
- Bring the ayat, story, song or poem that she chose and what she learned to the troop meeting on January 30.
If you have any questions, please contact Sister Tamika Jones at tjones122288 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Will continue work on their My Promise, My Faith Pin and GET MOVING! Journey.
- National Geographic Food Exhibit, Feb 14
Bring $7 to purchase GET MOVING! Journey book
- Overnight Lodge Camping Meeting, January 30
- Overnight Lodge Camping, Feb 13 – 14
- Friday, 30 January, is the last call to buy tickets for the Spy Museum field trip, Feb 21