As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting this Friday, Nov 6, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. There is a 15-minute grace period. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Troop 3480 meets every other Friday. Take a little time to note in your calendar the next few troop meetings:
- Nov. 20
- Dec. 4
- Dec. 18
- Brownies will be starting the Brownie Quest Journey. The girls will discover themselves, connect with their Brownie team and family while also giving back to their community. Girls should bring their Quest Journey book and come ready to discuss their special talents and skills by completing page 49 in their journey book. Girls who do not yet have their journey book should bring $7 to the next troop meeting. Books are being sold on a first-come first-serve basis and is essential in order to fully enjoy the Brownie Quest Journey.
- Sign up for the Junior Spring Core Camp, Apr 30
- Cadettes who have just bridged from Juniors: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Cadettes Award?
- Cookie Program Aide Training, Nov 7
- Seniors who have just bridged from Cadettes: Have you completed the requirements for your Bridging to Seniors Award?
- Our troop collected 89 bottles of 2-n-1 shampoo (plus 4 handmade natural cold press shampoos) toward donations to the annual Purse Drive sponsored by My Girlfriend’s House. Thank you! Our Service Unit still needs over 250 bottles to reach its goal of 800. There is still time to donate! Please bring your donation of 2-in-1 shampoo to the troop meeting this Friday inshaAllah.
- The Brownie & Junior Cookie College is full. Refunds will be given at the troop meeting.
- This Friday is the last day to register for the Daisy & Brownie Core Camp, Jan 9 – 10
- This Friday is the last day to register for the Senior Car Care Workshop, Nov 21
- The Winter Challenge Core Camp has been cancelled by GSCNC.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Sign in! Adults must sign in their Daisy, Brownie & Junior Girl Scout at Friday troop meetings. Cadettes, Seniors & Ambassadors can sign themselves in.
- Activities, Trips & Permission Forms
- Turn in permission forms to the volunteers at the table in the teachers lounge. Please provide exact change or checks.
- Pre-paid trips and activities cannot be refunded. It is the responsibility of the girl or parent to find a replacement for their spot. Put your Girl Scout’s trip/activity on your calendar so she doesn’t miss a trip due to forgetfulness.
- Many events — especially out-of-council ones — are available on a first-come first-served basis and have strict deadlines. Turn in your permission forms early or on time to secure your Girl Scout’s spot.
- Juliettes — Girl Scouts who are not affiliated with a troop — may participate in Troop 3480 weekend events after contacting the appropriate troop leader. Juliette must submit a Girl Health History and Emergency Medical Authorization Form along with the permission form to participate.