As salaamu alaikum,
The next regularly scheduled troop meeting will be this Friday, Jan 15, 2016, 6 – 7:30PM, inshaAllah. Please be timely. Arrivals after 6:30PM are disruptive to troop meetings and strongly discouraged.
Take a moment to note the dates of troop meetings for the next three months:
- January 29
- February 12, 26
- March 11, 25
- Brownies should bring the following to the troop meeting:
- Brownie Guide to Girl Scouting (if you have one): Please cut out your Money Manager Brownie elf doll, clothes, accessories and food and and bring them to the troop meeting. Put it in an envelope to keep it all together.
- Brownie Quest journey book
- Permission form and $7 for the Wegmans Cooking Class
- Brownies will be selecting their Brownie Quest Take Action Project and beginning the Money Manager badge.
- Juniors should bring in their homework for the Savvy Shopper badge: Design an item you think Junior Girl Scouts will want in the year 2112.
- Juniors should bring in their fitness goal for the Practice with a Purpose badge. Badriya will be sharing her fitness goal with the group.
- Juniors who attended the horseback riding clinic at Beech Grove Farm should bring in a thank you note for Mrs. Anita.
- Cadettes will present deliverables for the
- Budgeting and Comparison Shopping financial literacy badges
- Night Owl badge
- Peacemaker Kit
- Girls who completed their work will be awarded their Night Owl badge.
- Cadettes will also prepare questions for two guest speakers. Ruwaida S. and Amirah A. should prepare introductions for their speakers.
- To date, no additional updates have been made to the Cadette badge tracker. If additions are not made by January 30, Cadette troop meetings will end in February.
As a part of the Sow What? journey Seniors and Ambassadors will learn about the processes and guidelines for proper Islamic slaughter of animals for food. We will be joined by special guest, Imam Azzaari. Please arrive on time and in modest attire.
See Senior reminder.
- All levels: Service Unit 22-6 SHARE Skate Night, THIS SUNDAY, Jan 17. Tickets will be distributed to those who have paid and turned in permission forms. All others must pay at the door (whether skating or not) and parents/guardians must stay. See Sis Kesha at the end of the troop meeting.
- This Friday is the last day for register for the Chesapeake Bay STEM Fest on Feb 6.
- Camp Clue has been cancelled due to lack of interest. Sis Kesha will issue refunds.
- Pay your Girl Scout’s troop dues: $45 for Daisies, $60 for all other levels. If needed, dues can be paid in installments. Dues pay for badges and pins, help supplement some activities/trips, and also help support the troop web site, and printing expenses. (Parents pay for fun patches.) In order to camp, dues must be paid in full. For financial assistance contact Sis. Kesha.
- Registration for Girl Scout Camp begins in less than two weeks! Take a look at the 2016 Girl Scout Summer Camp Brochure to find the camp that’s just right for your Girl Scout. Registration opens January 26 at 10:00am for Camps Winona and Coles trip; and January 28 at 10:00 am for Camps Potomac Woods and May Flather. Camp programs should be chosen based on the grade your Girl Scout is currently in. Financial assistance is available.
- Snacks will be distributed to Girl Scouts at the end of the troop meeting as of January 15.