Refunds will be issued. This is now an on-your-own event.
The Newseum is thrilled to welcome Girl Scouts to a special day of events created just for them.
There’s plenty to participate in:
- Show what you know about the Girl Scouts, women’s history and current events in the Newseum’s popular NewsMania game show.
- Scour historic front pages for certain items while racing across a giant game board in Front Page Frenzy.
- Learn how women’s suffrage activists used their First Amendment rights to bring attention to their cause.
- Attend the Girl Scouts’ Conversations of Consequence.
- Decorate a tote bag, button or slap bracelet celebrating your right to free expression.
- Go on an adventure with the Nellie Bly Global Scavenger Hunt.
- Join a gallery talk on women in journalism.
Girls should dress appropriately for the weather and wear their vests. Also, bring a bag lunch, Metro fare and money to spend on food, patches or goodies. Parents are needed to chaperone. Girls and tagalongs under age six (6) are free.
What: Girl Scout Day at the Newseum
Who: All Levels
When: Saturday, March 5, 2016
555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Cost: $11/girl or adult (plus Metro fare)
Form: Newseum Permission Form