Cadettes have been busy, alhumdulilllah.
I need four Cadettes to bring in four thank you notes for the speakers we have had and will have, please and thank you.
- Girls who attended the Council training have to turn in their Mommy and Me schedules, and then actually babysit a child to earn on the patch. (honor system)
- Girls who did not do the Council training will have to bring in a receipt from the babysitting certification classes posted here. You will also have to do the Mommy and Me schedule.
- Deadline for this badge: March 11, 2016
Girls who attended last weeks meeting with our speaker, Sis. Raheemah Abdul-Alim Karim, have to prepare a speech. That speech can be a historical speech (e.g. I have a Dream by Martin Luther King Jr, Prophet’s Last Speech) or one you have written yourself. There is a three-minute time limit. All topics must be emailed prior to presenting them. These are due March 11, 2016.
Girls may do badges on their own but Girl Scouts is about teamwork which allows you all to make new friends and teaches you how to work in groups and manage conflict. If you choose to do a badge on our own you must:
- inform Sis Kesha prior to doing the badge to make sure you hit all learning points
- present that badge to your troop with a detailed presentation that includes visuals and be ready for a question and answer session.
- Peace Maker box/vision board due by Feb 26, 2016
- Finish the book and start thinking about the Take Action Project. There are plenty of girls who have yet to finish, so reach out to them to create a group to get it done.
Your proposal is due February 12, via email, before the troop meeting. We need to get you all approved on the link that was sent out last week. If you don’t have a plan then it’s back to the drawing board. If you need help or want to find another topic we can talk on February 12 inshaAllah.
We want to congratulate Nabila A. for completing her Program Aide pin. This is a great accomplishment considering she is the first Cadette from our troop to complete it the past three years. InshaAllah Nabila is on her way towards earning her Silver Award.
Keep at it, ladies. Great job.